Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday = Perfect day to go shopping

So of course like any other girl, I really wasn't too thrilled about Super Bowl Sunday. The only thing I really cared to see was Madonna's performance (which she rocked!). Russ decided to do a little Super Bowl party at our place which was my cue to leave.. actually I could of stayed but I really didn't want to. So what did I decide to do instead? Of course, hit the mall. And perfect day to go to the mall it was indeed! No crowds & easy parking! Went to F21 and saw this cute bow top for only $8.80..
Photobucket
I didn't buy it though cause my new rule in shopping is only buy it if you love it not like it :) Go me! Hey, I got a wedding to save up for! Anyways, after aimlessly walking around the mall I was ready to go back home even though I know the Super Bowl was still going on. At least there food ready by the time I got back haha. It was a Chamorro feast! I've never actually had Chamorro food but Russ' friend is from Guam and made red rice, some rib type of dish and like a beef poke type thing? Honestly, the beef poke looked not so pleasant esp after I heard it starts off raw and just soaked in like vinegar and all types of citrus which I guess cooks it??? Yeah I was confused but Russ forced me to try it and I loved it! My fav though was the red rice... I have no clue how to make it but it was good!! Who knew I would like Chamorro food right?

Photobucket
Photobucket
red rice
Photobucket
beef poke??
Photobucket
Chef Russ cooking up his specialty.. ok I lied it's from Whole Foods.
Photobucket
Whole Food's burger

Ok so maybe Super Bowl Sunday wasn't so bad after all :P

2 comments:

  1. Did Tatsuya make that?? thats cool i had to look up what the hell Chamorro was lol. omg that motherF'n burger from whole foods once almost cost my life when my mom told me i had to get it for Peter no matter what and I was running super late. it looks good though. i need to update my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but one of his friends did who's also from Guam! Yeah don't worry, I had to google Chamorro too haha. I had no idea what I was eating so I was scared at first but it was surprisingly really good. I think they use a lot of vinegar??

    lmao.. that burger is bombtastic<3

    ReplyDelete