Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Carina!

Photobucket

Today we celebrated my sister's 23rd birthday at Jade Dynasty in the Ala Moana Shopping Center. I can't believe she's already 23.. it makes me feel old!! Oh gosh.. to think that I'm turning 26 next year scares the bejeezus out of me. So dinner didn't go as expected.. but when do our family dinners ever do? For some reason my family likes to come here for special occasions or birthdays. But their Chinese food is pretty good.

We ordered our favorite dishes... honey walnut shrimp, peking duck and black bean lobster to name a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My dad makes a better black bean sauce though :P I also ordered a variety of cupcakes from Cake Couture. There were actually 8 but was too lazy to take a pic of the other box :P

Photobucket


You know up until this point, my fav cupcake place was Hokulani's but now I think it's a tie between them and Cake Couture. I definitely like the local flavors of Hokulani.. but I also like the upscaleyness of Cake Couture. Both cakes are moist and rich in flavor. Frostings are a little different but I feel like both are an epitome of what a cupcake should be. It's a hard pick.. so I can't really decide. But def would say Cake Couture presentation is much more elegant and fancy looking. I didn't get to try all the flavors but the pumpkin and pb&j really tasted like pumpkin and pb&j. Mmm.. I think I'm craving for it again...

Oh and this is me and my obaachan<3 Isn't she cute?

Photobucket


Anyways, go visit my sister! She has an awesome make-up blog :D

No comments:

Post a Comment